Electron Correlations: from Gases to Solids
… also celebrating the successful scientific career of Gianni Stefani
Our colleague and friend Gianni Stefani officially retired last November. In order to
celebrate his scientific career a workshop devoted to “Electron Correlations: from
Gases to Solids (ElCoGS)” will be held in Rome at the Aula Magna of the University
Roma Tre on 8-9 June 2017.
The workshop will begin in the afternoon of Thursday June 8th, continue all along
the following day and end with a dinner in a local restaurant on Friday evening.
Main topics of the conference are:
- Single and double ionization of atoms and molecules by electron and ion impact.
- Double photoionization with lasers and synchrotron radiation.
- Local magnetism studied by two-particle emissions.
- Electron-electron interaction and electronic structure of surfaces and thin films.
- Plasmon decay and secondary electron emission.
- New frontiers in electron correlations and coincidence spectroscopy.